First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Holiday!
Secondly, I've been tagged! Thanks Rindi!!
1 .Where were you when you first found out that you were pregnant? I was at home.
2.Who was with you? I was alone when I first found out, but then I bought another test and Chris was there for that one!
3.How did you find out that you were pregnant? I knew right when I was prego, I told Chris immediately, then I tried to just forget about it for a month (yeah right) and then I took the test and I was right. I still had to take another one though, just to be sure. The first pregnancy test was from the first time I was pregnant so I didn't trust it because it was old!
4.What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? So happy. I was alone but I smiled so big and covered my mouth! Chris was at acting class so I was so stoked to tell him and bursting because I couldn't tell him right away! When he got home, I just showed him the test and started crying and asked him if that was okay? He was like " of course that's okay!" He was pretty excited!
5.Who was the first person you told? Honestly, my sister. I couldn't call Chris during class so I had to call my sister immediately to tell her!
6.Did you plan to get pregnant? No, we agreed that it wasn't something we wanted to "plan" for- we would just let it happen, but we obviously weren't doing anything to prevent it. We felt ready!
7.Did you tell everyone else right away? Nope. We were going to WA for Christmas and it was the first grandbaby on my side, so we wanted to do something special. We wrapped "I love Grandma" and "I love Grandpa" frames and wrote little poems in them and gave them to my parents for Christmas. They were so excited! My mom was crying, and pretty sure my dad teared up a little too!
8.Was everybody happy for you? I hope so, if not, they sure hid it well!
9.Did you go out and celebrate? Not that I remember. My first pregnancy we celebrated and went out to eat, but we didn't want to jinx this one. It was hard to tell alot of people because we were scared of miscarrying again.
10.Did you want to find out the sex? You bet your butt we did! Not a single part of me wanted it to be a surprise.
11.What was the sex? It WAS and still is a baby boy!
12.Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yeah, my sister-in-law Kristin threw me one. Ash, Aubs and Nichole threw me one as well! They ended up being after he was born though, since he came so early. Really, I liked it that way! I think I want all my showers to be after the babe is born!
14.How much weight did you gain? Approx. 28 Lbs. Yeah right, There is nothing approximate about that one!
15.Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? I still have 2-3 Lbs to lose. Not too bad BUT I do need to tone up alot to get back to the way I was!
16.Did you get any stretch marks? Ugh...yes. But, they aren't very bad anymore. I have been working out and I can hardly see them anymore. I thought that it would be the end of the world if I got them, but surprisingly, it wasn't. They are my battle scars!
17.What did you crave the most? fruit, popsicles, grilled cheese sandwiches, cookie dough, anything lime or lemon flavored.
18.Did you crave anything crazy? Not really, no.
19.Who or what got on your nerves? smells. Yes that's right, smells got on my nerves. I hated the smell of ANY food.
20.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Uhhhh, I was soooo sick for 7 months straight. I am talkin can't leave the house, in bed and puking like 7-8 times a day for the first4 months and then almost once everyday after that. After the first 4 month I got so sick of being home, so I just came to terms with puking in public and in front of people. I would just carry a small bathroom garbage can everywhere with me, line it with several grocery sacks and do my thang!
21.Where and when did you go into labor? At home. I was having contractions all day long but at about midnight they were pretty close together so I woke Chris up and packed my bag and convinced him to take me to the hospital. He didn't believe I was in labor because it was so early!
22.Did your water break? No. The doctor broke it.
23.Who drove you to the hospital? Chris. Pretty reluctantly I think.
24.Who was in the room when you gave birth? Dr. Corry, 2 nurses for me, 2 NICU nurses for Lincoln, Chris, and his mom.
25.Did you go early or late? Exactly 1 month early.
26.How long were you in labor for? Hard to say. When I went into the hospital, I was already 5 cm. Do they count that? We got there around 2am and had Lincoln at 8:15am.
27.Did you have any drugs for the pain? One of the first things I said when they told me I was having a baby. As I recall, "What!? I'm not ready! I'm scared! I want an epideral!"
28.Did you go natural or have a C-section? Natural, thank goodness, I was so scared of a C-Section
29.What was your first reaction after giving birth? "Oh my gosh, he's so cute" then I looked at Chris and said "I feels so good to not be pregnant anymore!" Seriously, I instantly felt better!
30.How big was the baby? 5 lbs 6 oz and 18.5 inches long!!!
31.Did your husband cry? Yeah, just a little though, me too!
32.What did you name the baby? Lincoln Kenneth Laird
33.Does his name have any significant meaning? Kinda. Chris has always liked the name Lincoln and I loved it when he mentioned it to me! Kenneth is Chris' father's name.
34.Did you have any visitors? Yeah, all of Chris' immediate family, Johnny and Sarah, Becky Smith, Aubrey. Did I get everyone?
35.Did the baby have any complications? Yeah, he need a little help breathing at first, he had an infection (which triggered the early labor) and he needed to learn how to eat and gain some weight. But he is so strong. He improved so quickly and we were never really worried about him.
36.How old is your baby today? 5 months and 1 day old!
37.When is the next one coming? Maybe in like 2 years or so...we'll see.
38.If you could, would you do it all over again? Heck yes! So worth it. I have the best little boy who is just such a joy to be around and makes us smile so much! Being a parent is the best thing in the world. Seriously!
Okay, I tag everyone on my list who has had a baby! If you don't know who you are then a: check the right side of this blog. and b: ask yourself "have I had a baby?" and hopefully you will know!


3 comments:
I love to hear birth stories.
What a cute picture!
I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. I'm sure I'll see you around.
Serena! Your family is so cute! I'm so happy things are going well for you. Rindi's been keeping me updated on your life but it's about time I did it myself! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
I seriously love reading these stories! Have a great Christmas! I can't wait to see cute Christmas pictures of that darling boy!
Post a Comment