CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lincoln Kenneth Laird is here!!!!






So, for those who don't know the story, I will tell you the Reader's Digest version. All day Wednesday I was having contractions but nothing serious til about midnight on Thursday morning...they got bad and I was pretty sure I was in labor. Sure enough, we went to the hospital around 1:30-2am and they said I was dilated to a 5 and that I was having a baby! After telling Chris that I wasn't ready and that I was scared, I asked for an epideral and about an hour and a half later was completely numb and not scared anymore! Close to 8am they said I was ready to start pushing and at 8:15am on July 17th (that's right, exactly 1 month early) little Lincoln was born. They hurried him to the NICU...I had an infection which they said triggered the labor and Lincoln has the infection as well. His lungs were also a little under-developed. He is still in the NICU, but they let us come in and hold him last night which was fantastic! They said today, they are going to take his cannula off and let him breathe on his own. I will also get to try to feed him today! He is doing really well. They originally said he would be there 2-4 weeks but it is looking like he might be home within a week! We are so thankful to have a healthy baby. We couldn't be happier...it is the most amazing feeling in the world! Thanks to all those who prayed for us. All the prayers helped tremendously!

Lincoln is only 2 days old and we already have so many pictures of him. Here are a few...I will try to post more later! He was 5 Lbs 6 Oz and 18 and 1/2 inches long. I think he looks so much like Chris...I love it and him! He likes to hold onto his binkie...so cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. He's beautiful. I can't tell you how beautiful I think he is.

DTanner said...

Congratulations! I love all of his hair! I am glad everything turned out ok. Let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that we did not know you had your baby! No wonder I've been telling Beau for days that we need to give you a call-- my subconscious was telling me something!