Well, Ashley is just full of good ideas! She has come up with a game where people get to post which names they like (not for there own kid-I'm not out to steal your future children's names!) but for mine! Since we do not know if it is a boy or girl yet, feel free to post both genders! Since Chris and I cannot agree on any one name, we will narrow the search down, and have a vote! Now, this vote isn't a guarantee that we will for sure go with that name. I mean what if the baby is born and totally doesn't fit the name. When the second grade teacher asks him/her to find out why your parents chose that particular name....it would be lame to say that it was all because of a vote- he/she would hate us forever.
Anyway, let me tell you the names we are thinking of so far! If it is a girl, I like the name Sadie Mae...I really also like the name Camille, Chris likes the name Reagan Rae. For a boy, we both like the names Lincoln and Ayden (we don't have any middle names picked out for the boys yet).
Now, I don't think there are any rules...you can post as many names as you like. The person whose name we end up picking wins a prize. The prize is: they will win the right to a permanent babysitting position for my child! May the best person win!!!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Name Game!!!!
Posted by Serena Laird at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh I do love games! Except this is a serious one, I really want that babysitting position, so give me a second and I'll think of some good ones...OH! I thought of one! A guy in my class just named his baby girl Indee. Yep, I think it's cute. Anyways, I'll keep my thinking cap on!
Okay, you should know that the reason I had you create this name is because I have a billion suggestions. Some are a joke, some are real suggestions- I'll let you decide which is which. I will give you a few at a time so that you can consider then at your leisure.
Boys: Ethan, Preston, Jackson, Brittin (like the country, but spelled differently), Brighton, Buzz, Shad, Quinton, Harry, Ron, Sirius, Dumbledore.
Girls: Ashley (I would be so honored), Taya, Avery, Zena, Consuelo, Coralee, Clementine, Dylan, Leila (or Layla), Blair, Hermione, Anastasia.
I think that you should name the baby Riley. It goes either way!! Or if you want Nichole or Nicholas. (People think i'm perfect?!) Those are both good ones too! Daniel or Danielle. You can pick! but honestly I have a whole list of names, I don't think that you want me taking up that much space. I will have to fax them to you or something! Or maybe Email... that might be easier.
Here we go, round two. Now don't just zip through these. I need you to pray about them. Let the Holy Spirit guide. If you can't tell, I really want to win. Ok:
Harrison, Slate (oh yes, that's a good one), Canon, Bridger, Claire, Sloan (girl or boy) ...and that's all for now!
Oh brother. First of all... Slate? As in gray colored tile/rock? And "Canon" isn't even spelled correctly. Bridger is possibly the dumbest name ever. It's not even a name really. In fact, it is the last name of some famous mountain man from the early 1900's. I know, i googled it to see if it was even a name. Do you want your child named after a fur-trapper and trader? No. You don't. Anyway, it doesn't matter because you're having a girl. Sloan is the name of the jerky doctor on Grey's Anatomy who slept with Patrick Dempsey's character's wife, so that one's out.
The only acceptable options she gave you were Claire, and Harrison. Which you might as well shorten to Harry- in which case I'd win.
p.s. Jennifer Lopez just named her girl twin Emme (I think it's cuter spelt Emmie though) that's a cute name.
Mayb we should play this game after you know for sure that it's a girl.
I must say that I have considered the name SLADE which is close to Slate in which case Aubs would win...however....I do like the name Ethan and Dumbledore of course!!! So, I looked it up on a website called Chinese Birth Chart and it says that I am having a boy. We will see soon enough!!
Obviously Ashley has some very heated opinions on what your baby's name should be...and shouldn't be for that matter. Regardless, my names are amazing. Speaking of amazing names, how about Mason? If all else fails you could always name your child Betty. Long live Kung-Pow!
We find out the sex of the baby next Monday, March 24th!!!! I am freakin out! I can't wait!
Post a Comment